As a business owner, you’ll go through various stages in your business lifecycle. Your need for financial planning advice will change as you go through these stages.
In the start-up stage you might want to set up a budget for living expenses and ensure you have sufficient protection in the event of disability or death.
As your business grows you might want to look at a benefits package for you and your employees and insurance for your key people.
You might also want to consider:
- the impact of taxation and strategies to protect your accumulated wealth should an unexpected disability or death occur,
- implementing an ‘Emergency Plan’ to keep the business running should an emergency unexpectedly occur.
When your business matures, you might also need assistance:
- identifying potential buyers,
- reviewing if you have enough money put away to retire,
- determining how funds from the sale of your business can impact your retirement.
We have alot of experience serving business owners of all kinds including engineers, commercial real estate owners, medical professionals, contractors and fisherman to name a few.
In the event an emergency should occur, we have an Emergency Back-up Plan set up for our business to ensure it stays running properly and protects our clients. We can review these plans with you and make sure your business has an Emergency Back-up Plan too.